Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A frustrating excursion

Today was not the best photographic excursion I've been on. I ended up with a pile of subjectless and/or poorly framed images. The house behind the fence had a really interestingly shaped window, almost like an eye, but I failed to capture it adequately I think. I also blew out all the details in the sky, a sin I should know better than to commit by now.

Symmetry, especially the stilted artificial symmetry that humans build into their environments, I find endlessly fascinating. A cliched subject, perhaps, but a guilty pleasure I am incapable of resisting.


On the left, house in South Park, San Diego. On the right, AP&M building, UCSD

1 comment:

  1. Know the feeling all too well, But it is still just fun to get out and shoot. Try tone mapping or hdr to get rid of that blown out sky.

    ReplyDelete